Washington, District Of Columbia

This is an update on my complaint about Riddex pest control. Since making my initial complaint, I filed with the Better Business Bureau.

They contacted a spokesperson for Riddex who informed me that Riddex had absolutely NO intention of honoring my complaint. It was a "we have your money now go away" type attitude. The company is located in Canada,which gives me more reason to believe they do not care. The spokesperson told me to take whatever measures I needed to.

I believe she realized what a *** company she worked for. I am trying to get to a consumer alert person on national television stations.

Product or Service Mentioned: As Seen On Tv Pest Control.

Comments

Riddex just does not work, it a scam and the manufacturers know that.I experience the same problem, roaches building nest between the wall outlet where my riddex is plugged in, I've also seen more roach activity after plugging in the device. There has to be a law against this kind of fraud. The ad says guaranteed or your money back, problem is, there's no address to send the units back...nor can the company be contacted.

On July 30, 2012, I observed an infomercial on TV for a Riddex product, and called 1-800-214-6630, and an answering machine responded. I left my name and number in Spanish.

They called me back, and I ordered the "item" that they advertised for $30.00. The TV add clearly states that the offer is for "Buy one get one free", just pay shipping. They tried to "up charge" me by recommending a stronger product. When the final amount came out to be $70.00 total, I declined the complete offer.

I explained that my credit card only had $30.00 available. They charged the $30.00, and said that they would bill me COD for the remainder $40.00. I am elderly and I live on a limited budget, and this extra amount would more than double what the product was originally advertised for. I have spoken to a live person at least 4-5 times since the original conversation, and they repeatedly refuse to reverse the $30.00 charge to my credit card.

In addition, they are NOT offering the 2nd FREE item as advertised. They are charging me [($30 + $30 = 2 products) + $10 shipping and handling = $70.00 ]They refuse to cancel the order. They keep arguing with me, and keep trying to sell me something else for $20.00. They hang up on me, and when my daughter answers, they are very rude to her.

I have NOT received any confirmation on the order, no bill for an order, and no Product has arrived. I have been bombarded with phone calls from 8am to 12 midnight every day of the week. The last phone call today was from someone named Malu at 1-800-241-2494.

Spanish is my primary language, and I am well educated in English also.

NOTE: The company asks for Credit Card information BEFORE giving a Total amount.

The electromagnetic field it creates attracts pests. The best way to use the device effectively is to find a discrete place to plug it in at your neighbor's house. The bugs and mice will be drawn there instead of your place.

I have also tried this device, the roaches loved it. They built a nest in the outlet where the device was plugged in.

I have photographs of the device showing the roach activity after it was removed. This is a horrible device.

Note to X Joke, huh??? Well, that was spoken entirely like any coward who won't use their name....or is it because all your signatures are done with an X. Illerate people are so sad.

My Riddex also doesn't work! What a shocker!

The reason I bought it is because a neighbor of mine said it worked great in his house so, why not?! Because it doesn't work, that's why not!

Any ideas for what to do that WILL work? I'm a single parent and I tend to look more towards home remedie kinds of things, without a major mess!

COLVIN...YOU'RE A JOKE.

Hello Mr. Colvin could you please give me an email address to send you my information. I would appreciate any help in getting them to resolve this issue.

Hello Cyndi

You can send me your address and full name and I will submit it to the lawyer if you like. I did get customer service, but it will do you no good. They wait for months before responding, and I only got action after reporting them to the BBB.

How can I become a part of the law suit against Riddex / Riddex Plus. Since purchasing and using their product I have experienced more problem with pest then before.

I am still in the process of having the pest removed from my home. I have tried contacting customer service and they are not willing to help with the problem their product caused.

To George and Julette. I am so fed up with these companies that take advantage of the public. I have filed suit against Riddex.

I just got off the phone with customer service after complaining about Riddex Plus. We have six devices in our home and I can tell you we still have mice. The rep suggested I get glue strips.

Riddex Plus simply does not work! I called after one month to complain I still had mice in my home.

The customer service rep said to give it more time and they would send me out another device for my troubles. It's now been three months and I have more mice than ever. I just got off the phone with customer service again to complain. She wanted to know if I wanted another product shipped.

NO!!! Why would I want to continue getting a bogus product?!

What a joke! Do not buy this product!

Hello Mr. Colvin, I am a lawyer in Washington, DC and my firm is investigating Riddex.

It would be helpful to our investigation if we could speak with you briefly about your experience with the Riddex pest controller. My number is 202-789-3960 if you have a moment to discuss.

Thanks,