As Seen On TV - INSTA-GONE MISLEADING AD

May 09, 2013
review #407159

THE AD FOR INSTA-GONE BY "AS-SEEN-ON-TV" SHOWS A SPRAY BOTTLE WITH INSTA-GONE LABEL LEADING VIEWER TO BELIEVE THE BOTTLE ARRIVES FULL OF PRODUCT.THE BOTTLE IS ACTUALLY AN EMPTY SPRAY BOTTLE.

AS-SEEN-ON-TV WOULD NOT PROVIDE THE PRODUCT AFTER I BOUGHT THE ITEM. NEVER, NEVER, BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I CONTACTED THE COMPANY AT THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE EMAIL, AND THEY WOULD NOT CORRECT THE MISLEADING AD OR EVEN ADMIT THAT THE AD WAS MISLEADING.

AGAIN, NEVER,BUY FROM THIS COMPANY.I REPEAT THAT THE AD WAS MISLEADING, THE BOTTLE ARRIVED EMPTY AND THE COMPANY DID NOT AGREE TO PROVIDE THE PRODUCT THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE BOTTLE

9c8d07c
Had an experience with As Seen On TV?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Teacher

2 days ago

I filed with the BBB in South Carolina for false advertising and not delivering on the double offer. They take your money send give you the run around. Never buy from this company!

0 0 Reply
BREF

Aug 28

It is basically CaClO2 Calcium hypo chloride which can be bought at any pool store for pennies. an 8% solution should work in exactly the same way. there are other ingredients to prevent caking, improve solubility and prevent chlorine liberation when mixed with water. it will however only last a couple of weeks after mixing. It is toxic in large measures although in a .008% solution it is safer than bleach NaClO2 (sodium Hypochloride) for purifying water. In Short Save your Money.
If you wish to clean water stains in wood or Rust from metals Oxalic Acid H2C2O4 is a very effective compound BUT IT IS POISONOUS IF INGESTED IN QUANTITY But it work great on cedar decks and rinses off easily with water.
AS WITH ALL BLEACHES AND ACIDS DO NOT MIX
CHLORINE GAS WILL KILL YOU

5 0 Reply
Annoyed

Aug 25 Hohenwald, Tennessee

I tried to contact them twice to ask a few questions before I made the decision to order. I could not reach a real person. The ad suggested that you ask about a brush attachment. Couldn't ask, I also wanted to know how many ounces you got, I figured it was a powder since you only got two bottles.
Very poor customer service, even . I'll never know if it is good was a good product or not. I've wasted a LOT of time just trying to find out about it, I'm done.

2 0 Reply

Aug 03

they also charge excessive s&h fees

0 1 Reply
Ed

Aug 02

The only thing this product cleans is your pockets! It does absolutely nothing that is said it will do...with or without scrubbing. A total waste of money. The company and the people that work for Instagone Pro should be ashamed of themselves. IT DOES NOT WORK!!!!

Aug 01

It appears to be an empty bottle. I assumed one would add water and the packet. I have not looked at the product, nor do I have any idea what to expect from it. It caught my eye because a leaky roof left water stains on my ceiling. Does it work?

finster

Jul 26

What am I missing. Isn't this just super expensive bleach??

Jul 21

I'd like to point out that the msds sheet for this product states in several places regarding shipping and storage, that it not be with "other POOL CLEANING chemicals. This product is basically the powdered chlorine you use in the pool.

Sarge

Jul 17

I just saw a TV ad for this product, and yes, they did show someone using a spray bottle with a label, and they also say that you receive the product in some kind of concentrate, leading a person of average intelligence to conclude that it would have to be mixed with water or some other designated liquid to prepare the product for use from the spray bottle.
Because the product is of interest to me, after the TV ad concluded, I started my web search; I found this review, and also the product's page where the product description clearly states: "Highly concentrated formula, just add water. Includes 24 oz. spray bottle and 2 packets of Instagone Pro."
It's your review that is misleading.

7 1 Reply
Jack Simon

Feb 20

Although this product is very good, do NOT buy it from the TV offer! You will be nagged with phone calls about other completely different offers and products. They must sell your name and phone number to other marketers. Instead, buy it through Amazon if you want to buy it. The product does remove stubborn stains, but their marketing is annoying. Do not sign up for other offers from them!

3 0 Reply
Benjamin

Feb 08 Melbourne, Victoria

Many experienced the same. Even i also. Insted from them now i started to buy products from ozseenontv.com.au

2 1 Reply
Linda Joan H

Oct 15, 2013 Atlanta, Georgia

Oh my Gosh, I love this stuff!!! It comes Empty and then you add a packet and water. It works so good!

1 1 Reply
pete

Jul 08, 2013

I am sure if you call the company who manufactures this product they will help you with your concerns. I think you purchased the product on line who only resells. You should be dealing with the munufacturer. There number is 1-888-425-0125. They have the best customer service and you can speak directly to the owner.

0 1 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about As Seen On TV.
Filing a new complaint about
×